Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tides Have Changed

Last Friday, the tide rolled in again... bringing with it another significant change; for my staff, for me. It was a meeting with my boss, my mentor.

Unexpected and "unthinkable", until that moment. It was truly creative - I was to lead a new team; a dynamic, high profile assignment, while I was to relinquish my leadership of my current team.

My initial reaction was disbelief, thinking I heard incorrectly; quickly transitioning to immediate implications - personally, professionally, and to my current staff and workload - and long term opportunities relating to personal and professional growth; and finally acceptance, yes acceptance and not surrender.

After thinking about it more after the meeting, it was indeed an opportunity; challenging but definitely a tremendous opportunity.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's all staff meeting when our boss will make the announcement. I don't know what my current staff's reaction will be to the news and I hope they take it well... only time will tell.

Will the tide recede peacefully or gush out with a riptide in its wake...

No comments: